Welcome to GrandLAN Gaming Center
GrandLAN has the best all around gaming experience in the Grand Rapids area. We carry board games, card games, role-playing books, and we deliver lag-free, real-time, ultra-fast gaming via PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One systems. GrandLAN is also host to a wide variety of events and tournaments. Come play, come shop, and game-on!
Super Smash Bros 64 Tournament Details
Everyone will be walked through the rules before the tournament begins. There will be time to practice (warm-up at 5pm), register, and claim your free food and drinks prior to the tournament. There will be Melee setups for friendlies. Feel free to come in early and/or stay late to check out what GrandLan is all about!
Saturday, October 29th. Warm-up and registration is at 5pm and the tournament begins at 6pm.
Double elimination bracket with best of 7 round playoff for final match.
*2nd and 3rd place playoffs will be determined by best of 5 round playoff matches.
Each match will be set to 5 stocks and will be best out of 3.
How stages are selected:
The winner of a coin toss is the first to be able to pick a level he/she does NOT want to play (from a list of tournament approved stages); then his/her opponent does the same, and this continues until there is only one stage left, which is the stage to be played.
Approved stages: Hyrule, Kirby’s Dreamland, Kongo Jungle (DK), and Peach’s Castle.
1) All players must be respected. Putting down or insulting at any point during the tournament will result in immediate disqualification.
2) Please be available and ready for each of your matches. If you cannot be found, you may lose the match by default.
3) 3) An accidental pause during a game results in the loss of one stock by the player who paused IF opponent call the player on it (player jumps off the ledge).
*Referees will pay close attention to the match they are watching in order to appropriately enforce tournament rules and inform the tournament director which player has won a match.
*There will be an alternate to play in case of an odd number of players.
*There will be best of 5 play-off matches for 2nd and 3rd place, when/if needed.
*Drink tickets will be given to each registered participant.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash prizes will be awarded:
1st – 55% of pool
2nd – 30% of pool
3rd – 15% of pool
Bring your best game!
Price is $15 per person, which gets you a day pass for one of our 13 comps plus prize support, so numbers are limited! However, if you bring your own setup or laptop the price is $10.00! Please note that you must have your OWN cables and plugs if you are bringing your own setup. Pizza will be provided for this event.
Here’s the point system for those who weren’t in attendance during prior tournaments. This will be a Round Robin event as well, so don’t fret if you lose a match!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS SOME POINTS HAVE BEEN CHANGED
1. Kill = + 1 pt
2. Deaths = -1 pt
3. Assists = 2 pts for every 3 assists, rounded up to nearest 3 assists
4. Gold = 1pt for every 1k gold, rounded to nearest K
5. Towers = 1 point for each team member per tower destroyed
6. Dragon = 2 points per team member for each dragon slain, +1 for every 20 minutes game time elapsed
7. Baron = 5 pts for each team member for each Baron slain, +2 for every 25 minutes game time elapsed
8. Players playing the support role will receive a —- +1 —- handicap. (supports had the least potential to earn their own points,but with the new gold items they can earn more than in prior seasons, but they they still need a little push in the right direction)
9. Players playing a Ranged ADC will start with a -2 pt handicap UNLESS their team loses, which lowers the handicap to -1. (ranged adc’s have the clear advantage when is comes to gold collecting and kill potential, but a losing ADC is already behind in points, this will lighten the burden of losing if the ADC did their job appropriately.)
10. Any player who receives a PENTAKILL (true pentas only) will receive 10 POINTS!
The points for winning the match and MVP points were just too arbitrary and only served to snowball teams who were already winning
That’s it! I hope to see many of you again for another amazing League tourney!
NOTE: Must have a level 30 summoner!
*must prepurchase tickets at http://www.tugg.com/events/7686
Knights of Badassdom follows three best friends (Peter Dinklage, Steve Zahn and Ryan Kwanten) and dedicated LARPers (Live Action Role Players) as they take to the woods to reenact a dungeons and dragons-like scenario fresh out of the mythical Middle Ages. Trouble arises after they unwittingly conjure up some serious evil in the form of a blood-lusting Succubus, from the pits of hell. Fantasy and reality collide on the Fields of Evermore in an all-out epic battle of make-believe wizards, demons and assorted mythical creatures. Their courage and friendship is put to the test as they attempt to vanquish the evil they have summoned. Will the group prove to simply be foam sword-wielding LARPers, or true “Knights of Badassdom?” Host a screening or buy a ticket in a city near you and receive a discount for Knights of Badassdom on DVD or Blu-Ray at a major retailer. Screenings begin January 21st, so make sure to sign up today!
Help promote this event by downloading the poster and distributing it!
GrandLan Christmas Eve Holiday Sale: 10% off today on all comic and gaming related products for that last minute shopping. Come-one, Come-all for the Holiday Sale! (All other discounts will stack, for today only, 12pm-5pm.)« Older posts